Mission – AtWork! has advocated and created integrated employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities since 1962. We believe that everyone has the capacity to work and that there is a place for a person with disabilities in every business in America. People with disabilities are an integral part of our society, our businesses, and our lives, and we empower them to get good jobs, increase community connection, and successfully transition to life after high school.
Vision – People with disabilities are an integral part of our society, our businesses, and our lives. Everyone has the capacity to work. There is a place for a person with disabilities in every business in America. Everyone is employed and all work forces are inclusive. AtWork! is a national leader in developing innovative employment services. We are the best place to get services as defined by the people we serve and their families. AtWork!’s social enterprises generate a reliable revenue stream to support our mission. The people with disabilities we train are recruited by businesses seeking skilled and competent employees. AtWork! is a key collaborator and partner in the public policy arena, successfully advocating and supporting system change and improvements that empower people with disabilities to lead more independent and fulfilling lives.
- INTEGRITY: The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
- RESPECT: A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, quantities, or achievements.
- COLLABORATION: The action of working with someone to produce or create something.
- STEWARDSHIP: The careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one’s care.
- CREATIVITY: The ability to transcend traditional ideas, patterns, or relationships and to create meaningful, new ideas, methods, or interpretations.